Tuesday, April 21, 2009

hanging in N.Ireland


Hi all. Haven't blogged in a while, so here I go. My eyes are doing great. Left is still lagging, but they say it's normal. Go back in June for another checkup. The weather has multiple-personality disorder and no one seems to know if we'll get a summer. Last year summer was in April and April's almost over! It also happily adheres to Murphy's Law, for as I rush out to get the dog for a w-a-l-k before it rains, the sun appears as soon as we get back to the house.

Iain's due home in about a month, but probably will get home in time to unpack his stuff (IF it gets here in a reasonable time-frame) and repack for other courses. Mostly short ones, I think. Then is schedule is all up in the air, and we'll know more when we know more. In the meantime, I have been given the all-clear to "fall down" again so it's back into JuJitsu full-speed-ahead. And eventho I have 7 months before I test for my black belt (on Jason's birthday!), I am getting put through my paces. But, it's "use it or lose it" and I want to not have to THINK at the testing session and just "DO".

Oh, and Toe Socks are kick-ass!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on Terry Odell's blog and thought I'd pop by and have a nose.

    Oh, I love Guinness - although I don't drink it so much these days.

    I went to Ireland once, hitchhiking, (LOL) and the Guinness there is so much better than the rough stuff we have here!

    Don't know why, but I thought I'd share that with you...

    Ooh, you are nearly a black belt. Well done.

    Nice to meet you :)

    Sassy - also likes a good pair of toe socks.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sassy...if you get this. I have neglected my blog for way too long and don't get notices of comments! eep!

    The Guinness is better here because they all know how to pour it properly! :)

    ReplyDelete