Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November ramblings

Well, once again I have neglected my blog for entirely too long. So after guesting at Mom's site, I thought I'd re-visit my own.

Fall is definitely here. I had to fill the oil tank in the backyard and turn on the heat. After a short visit to Inverness to visit Iain's great-uncle for my birthday, I came home and started the Halloween preparations. It's not a big deal here, but I still carve pumpkins and have a bowl of candy for any trick-or-treaters. This year's pumpkins were fun...Jack Skellington and the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!


Enough kids came to justify the candy, but there is still some left!!


Then came the physical side... my black belt test. After 15 years of
martial arts, I was finally in one place and un-injured enough long enough to get to that major milestone. I started going to 4 classes per week, just to get the practice in. Senseid Jayne and Pete really make me work hard, and I was finally ready. I stole a breakfast idea from my sister, Nicole, of peanut butter oatmeal...and added banana and Hershey's syrup. Washed down with a Gatorade! It kept me going strong through my 2-hour test. The result is that I am now a black belt in WJJF Ireland.


So what's next? My second-dan, of course!! I should have just enough time before we up-sticks and move to somewhere else. :)

1 comment: